Can I Ask A Question?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
How old are the moajoroty of the crew on this site, are you all old boys like me who where there back in the day or are you nuskool oldskool boys who got pissed off with modern hardcore going nowhere?

might be up for good times in morley in a fortnight, just wondered what the average age of the crowd was there, dont ant to feel like an old c unt!

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
alreet mate,

there was a poll posted not so long since about the ages of people on the board, (perhaps someone would be kind enough to locate the thread?).

I'm 30, a lot of us on here are 28+, and from back in the day...

The turnout at GT's is a mixed crowd, all age ranges, and the atmosphere is tops.

Get yourself along....

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
Here ya go phil m8.

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10639&highlight=poll

I `m glad to say i`m not as old as phil i`m 29 lol.I remember the days of old when it all started back in 89/90,the old blackburn raves when their was only one type of music which was house music.Eeeeeee them were he days when you`d spend all your money in one night in a nightclub.Walk in with ya weeks wage, walk out skinners(dam those YTS people).

Oh yeah and welcome to that board tis addictive as you will find out.

digthemusic

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
well im 27, so a couple off you, i remember making the treck up to angels in burnley a couple of times for paul taylor in 93, fucking ruff club but quality tunes, he was dropping retro shit even then!

i wish i was couple of years older to be honest, as i missed all the 90-92 summer of love shit, only 16 in 92 when i started raving proper.......

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
originally posted by Gernster
well im 27, so a couple off you, i remember making the treck up to angels in burnley a couple of times for paul taylor in 93, fucking ruff club but quality tunes, he was dropping retro shit even then!

Your right the angels was a ruff club but i spent a lot of my dancin days from 89 to 92 at monroes in great harwood(blackburn)or at hacketts,carlos,molloys even once went to the loveshack at blackpool once.Only went to the angels from about late 92 to 94,went a bit shite after that IMO.But i do remember paul taylor doin the kiddies disco`s and playing the chart shite when the angels was a pissheads pub.I work with steve farkusses brother who used to dj wth paul taylor back in the day(just a bit of useless info)Some of me mates once blagged some money out of carl cox when he ysed to dj there.

digthemusic

Last edited:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Oldies but gudies!

Alright Chief.

Yer I'm another 1 of the origanals( old bstards!) 28 that is.
Can't you tell all the replies you've got so far are off us OAP's (on sat nite) it's cos we can't get our zimmer frames out of the door to get 2 a club!

I started at 15 in 89 at the hac n legends (manc) and bin all over the gaff since.
I went 2 loveshack once aswell! when I coudn't get in Hacketts or sequins.
Can't say I've ever bin to Burnley but I did live wiv a few lads from there in Tenerife in 92(my bit ov usless info!):eyebrow:
Inabit.
Nowthen.

DJ Qual-e-T

Mar 28, 2002
St. Helens, Merseyside
35 years wise !

Some popular haunts back in the include:

The Pier (Wigan), Monroes (Blackburn), Legends (Warrington), The Gallery (Leeds), Manhattans (Southport) and others up 'n' down the northwest.

Still listen to the tunes and have a vast collection of over 2000 12"s !

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
yeah, i never got to the hac in the good days, went a couple of times in 95 i think it was, but it has become a piss head club by then, nice to just get in the place to see where the majic happened, only ever got to the gallery once too, went to a few fucking storming night in the leeds corn exchange for the ark nights, rob tisserra, vertigo etc etc, in 93

ah the good ol days,

your right, in on saturday, a few years ago it was a cardinal sin! the pennies just dont seem to go as far nowadays, i earned a shit load less back then , but still managed to cane in 5 or 6 nights a week (gotta love them student loans)

do you guys trade/ swap/upload/download mp3 mixes, tracks etc?

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Well I'm 33 yrs young & goin strong, havin a quiet 1 this w/e but that ain't the norm 4 me but it's gotta b done once in a while, need 2 recharge the batteries n all that!!!

Gernster m8 get urself 2 both courtneys & GT u only live once ;) :p :p :p :p

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
not sure!!

Gernster said:
yeah, i never got to the hac in the good days, went a couple of times in 95 i think it was, but it has become a piss head club by then, nice to just get in the place to see where the majic happened, only ever got to the gallery once too, went to a few fucking storming night in the leeds corn exchange for the ark nights, rob tisserra, vertigo etc etc, in 93

ah the good ol days,

your right, in on saturday, a few years ago it was a cardinal sin! the pennies just dont seem to go as far nowadays, i earned a shit load less back then , but still managed to cane in 5 or 6 nights a week (gotta love them student loans)

do you guys trade/ swap/upload/download mp3 mixes, tracks etc?

I'm not sure about the MP3's only found here last week meself.And bein a bit ov a PC cripple don't help!
There's some crakin mixes on the real audio bit.
I know excatly wot yer mean about the pennies. The only reason I could go out 6 nites a week in dem days woz coz that was where i worked(!);) It's a bit embarisin to think I had more££'s when I woz a teenager than nearly 30!:S
inabit.
Nowthen

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
digthemusic said:
Here ya go phil m8.
I`m glad to say i`m not as old as phil i`m 29 lol.

Ya cheeky sod DTM ! ! ! ! - Kids these days, no respect!!....
thanks for putting up the link tho' fella.

I started goin out late '90 (if memory serves!), was fortunate to catch some bloody amazing nights... The Gallery was my regular haunt from 90 / 94 (Friday and Saturday), when I wasn't there, I went to the Warehouse (Leeds), also went to the Orbit (Ossett / Morley), Pleasuredrome (twice), Bowlers loads of times (when we could arrange transport!), also did 90% of the Arks, Galactica's (my fave nights ever methinks) - couple of Soaks, few Kaos', Organiks, Phobia's, and a few one off's elsewhere - never got to Sequins, Wigan Pier, Zone, or Shelleys, tho'.... :(

aaaahhh.... getting all nostalgic now....

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Ey up,

I missed the 88-92 years unfortunately, Im 26 now and started going out in 93 to The Hac, and Bowlers which I frequented weekly / fortnightly for about 4 years til they bouGhT the beer in and it went shite.

Them, early day for me were THE DAYS!!!

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
Tigger said:
I'm 26 but I ain't changed a bit since the tender age of 16 when I stepped through doors of Park Hall for the first time and my life changed completely!

has the park hall got an upstairs bit...like a balcony?? and is the dj box right on the dance floor??

i'm sure i went there...i was only 16 too:D :D :D

jayne x

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Park hall

Armando Needlefluff said:
That sounds like the place jayne it was in the middle of nowhere
next to a big hotel called park hall.

:axe: :axe: cant remember how old i am to many class A's:axe: :axe:

Yeah it did have n upstairs bit-not sure about the dj box-I was always 2 tw*tted to notice!:crazy:
It was at Camelot Theme park. A lot of peeps used to call it Camelot. I had the 1 of the best nites ever there-my 17th B/day in '91. We used to get in thru the ladies wee'ers window! had some funny looks when someone was in there(nearly always!).

Me mate ripped his top in half once doin it!:axe: He spent the rest ov nite with his top hangin off and claret pissin out ov his belly!!:crazy: Memories I'll never forget!(Stevie Johns-1963-1992.RIP.Claret belly-we'll never forget u.;) )

Inabit.
Nowthen.:crazy: