council kitchen

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

josie

Jan 11, 2005
not far from wigan pier
the council came out last week to plan my new state of the art kitchen!! complete with new cupboards, 3 rows of tiles and lino!! they were knocking a wall through to make my 'cant swing a cat round in it' kitchen look bigger. but to my disgust this cannot be done as i am the only house they have come across with a bolier inside the pantry, so i get the raw deal!!! the smallest kitchen and the least cupboard space. any suggestions??? :S :S :S

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
When you say boiler, do you mean the thing that heats the water as opposed to the water tank thing that goes in batroom? If aso, why can't they replace it for one of those small omnes that goes on the wall?

:)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Amelie said:

They are mint rooms them aren't they :p

bat.gif

josie said:
any suggestions??

Move :D

josie

Jan 11, 2005
not far from wigan pier
yes

it is on the wall, in the pantry. the thing that has a pilot light inside. that starts the heating up. i think it is a boiler. everyone elses are back boilers at the back of their fireplaces

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
lol the housing are full of shit! The boiler in my old flat was in the pantry.
It's their mistake so really they should move it, or like Amelie said change it for a smaller one.

As for suggestions. Just ask them to stick in lots of shelves if they cant make the kitchen bigger :confused:

Is it a new house/flat? If so, they might be able to move you to a more suitable place. But with the council, that's like extracting blood from a stone :(

Good luck with it any how babe, hope they do a nice job :)

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
Im supposed to be getting my new kitchen from the council sometime this year, at the moment they are fitting new pvc doors and giving us all new pvc windows :thumbsup:

Bowt bloody time too, everything looks nice in my flat except shitty windows and doors, and the shitty wood effect kitchen!!

josie

Jan 11, 2005
not far from wigan pier
its not new

its not a new house. its 3 bedroom but the kitchen is the size to accomodate 1 person. it takes 10 working days from start to finish and everything has to be removed, oh except the cooker which they will kindly re connect at the end of the day. they need access from 08.00 to 1700 each day. the house will be upside down and takeaways will be on the menu for two weeks!!! :eek: