Discogs help!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
:D

finally got around to placing collection onto discogs, thanks to reading a thread on here giving the tip of searching other peoples collections and adding to yours;)

found some already that don't appear to be listed, I know there are some mods off discogs on here so they might be able to help me out,

first 2 i'm sure must be listed somewhere but can't find them:$

pan position-elephant paw on airplay records(think its french) cat no 855 207-1,
the other is peter gast everything (remix) on beat club cat no bcr rx 000492

if for some reason they aren't listed how do you do it as I can't seem to get it to work:$

the others were 2 bootlegs italian daddies vol 2 and italian strikers vol 1

any help much appreciated

:thumbsup: Tino

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south

finally got around to placing collection onto discogs, thanks to reading a thread on here giving the tip of searching other peoples collections and adding to yours;)

found some already that don't appear to be listed, I know there are some mods off discogs on here so they might be able to help me out,

pan position-elephant paw on airplay records(think its french) cat no 855 207-1,

if for some reason they aren't listed how do you do it as I can't seem to get it to work:$

yeah discogs are well strict in regards to submitting (rightly so) I am currently waiting on a few records to be submitted, firstly it takes ages, I think I have been a waiting a couple of weeks, so you will have to be patient. Secondly If you list incorrectly you will get a comment back from a moderator, usally these comments are not that helpful and when i have tried to ask for advice you never get a reply....which IMO is the only problem I have got with discogs....but I suppose these guys are busy as they are dealing with every genre of music not just oldskool.

I think that Biskit is a moderator on Discogs so you could always try him.

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
discogs

:D managede to get these into the draft section, does this mean they are now been considered or do i have to do something else??

sorry to be a pain:$

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm

Hi tino,

once youve summitted one, its pretty straight forward.

To submit the Peter Gast Tune.

1) search for beat club records >> Beat Club Records

2) at bottom of that page, click 'add release'

3) start filling in all details

i.e.

A.S.H.A. - Everything

Label: Beat Club Records
Catalog#: BCR RX 000492
Format: Vinyl, 12"

Released: 1992
Genre: Electronic
Style: House
Credits: Featuring - Peter Gast

tracklisting example

Tracklisting:
A1 Everything (add mix title in brackets next to title in tracklisting)
A2 Everything (add mix title in brackets next to title in tracklisting)
B1 Everything (add mix title in brackets next to title in tracklisting)
B2 Everything (add mix title in brackets next to title in tracklisting)

add durations if you can Paul.

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
discogs

Cheers Chris,

i've added that and the pan position, the bit that confused me was at the end it gave you the option to preview or save as draft but nothing else, i pressed save as draft, does this mean i've done everything i need to do or am i being really thick here:$

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
save as draft does exactly what it says, it saves it to ur draft page. click the 'preview' button, n then click 'submit', this will then place it in the submission queue for the mods to check. PM me the link when uve submitted m8, n ill check it :)