DJ's Required...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ginger Legacy

Jan 14, 2003
MANCHESTER
Alrite y'all

I'm a promoter at Ascension, the new nightclub in the centre of Manchester, which used to be Planet K, the first saturday of every month is to be called Vision.

In the main room theres gonna be hard dance with artists such as Signum.
Room 2's gonna be House with residents.
& Room 3 we're gonna showcase as an Old Skool room.

We have a DJ who's gonna play a set in there, but we're desperate for another DJ who's gonna bring his own little crowd of 20-30 people & first & foremost is a sick DJ, if you know of anyone who fits the bill or you are indeed this person, please eMail me at gingergruffnuts@hotmail.com or drop me a PM Asap as I need to get the listings out asap.

Nice one

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
checkd out the ascension website out n theres no rockport or sportswear or out allowed - u can wear cyberwear tho :S o and shirt n tie

thats my crowd not gettin in then lol

think a more funkier old skool dj wud b more suited plus its in the bar area recca or ste wud fit the bill i rekon

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
Errm he could either mean.......

1/ sick=as in not well thus infecting the punters, making them dehydrated due to illness and so making them drink more

2/ stick=very thin due to there not being much room behind the DJ box

3/ spick=as in spick and span, very clean so as not to make a mess behind the decks

4/ sick=as in into lots of 'orrible' stuff cause the club is actually a seedy S/M club and attracts the more adventerous clientele.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
DeeDee said:
Errm he could either mean.......

1/ sick=as in not well thus infecting the punters, making them dehydrated due to illness and so making them drink more

2/ stick=very thin due to there not being much room behind the DJ box

3/ spick=as in spick and span, very clean so as not to make a mess behind the decks

4/ sick=as in into lots of 'orrible' stuff cause the club is actually a seedy S/M club and attracts the more adventerous clientele.

lol well im deffo 2 n 4 but 3 theres no chance and 1 at the moment but am on the mend

:D

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Its not another shirt and shoes gaff is it :(. Can they not let us young at heart old skoolers in the back way in us chino's/jeans, trainers and T shirts??? lol. I dont think so unfortunately.

Ste H? is this your calling m8?. Bit far I suppose.

If I lived near manny and could mix aswell as I could 8 years ago, Id go and do it for nowt. But I never did know how to work a crowd, I just banged loads of good tunes together smoothly....

See ya

Sirius.

Lol @ fugs!.

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Re: hhhmmmm

nathan said:
sick adj

term currently popular with late teens meaning to be good or cool ie:- that was a sick mix. associatedmost with kids who like to partake in the smoking of rare herbs and spices :)

Thats it, its used round here and I hate it - Mingin' image conjourer.

Im sorry, but smartwear for oldskool is fuckin' shite - Its not right and dresscodes and the rest aint how clubbin' should be and when those sort of rules came along the vibe slowly started to go (lucky us OSA'ers keep it goin eh).

Sounds like an ideal place for Ste H to show up the other 'music' which will be played there.

Good look with ya night anyway Vision mate, should pack it out if its good cos apart from Courtneys (not that ive been yet :$ , Mannys full of cheese factorys)