Finally caught the little

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
F**ker :cops:

Blighter's been scoffing everything in my house.

Mouseindahouse.jpg

*mizzbucky*

Aug 1, 2006
The house we used to rent about 10 years ago was full of the things, could hear them on a night and landlady did nothing about it she thought it was our job to get rid i dont think so, they used to hide food in the corners of the house so we got out quick. That 1 still looks alive lol ewwwww nasty things.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
If Mrs Radish sees that it will be you that had better be wary about cheese!

We had a mouse and I built my own humane trap using a bamboo skewer, a cocktail stick, a tray, a pyrex bowl, some sellotape and a bit of cheese.

I caught myself a mouse on the first night and released him two miles away!

No mouse and a happy wife .. . . .Well sort of . .. . the falling dish did severe the end of his tail off! Hey I tried!:thumbsup:

I was quite proud of my trapping ability mind!;)

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Did you get that off Blue Peter?

:)

No, it was from the muddled genius of my own mind!

I later searched on the internet and found an almost identical design from another enlightened designer!:$

Here is my own design, I kept the invention for future use!

The trigger is like a hair spring and tricky to set up!

Once the bowl falls after our cheese loving friend has tried to eat it, you just pick up the tray and you move the mouse to a safe distance. The clear bowl allows you to see if you have caught your prey!

Attachments

• IMG_4842.JPG
    IMG_4842.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4840.JPG
    IMG_4840.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4846.JPG
    IMG_4846.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 124

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Maybe you didnt really need the cheese, perhaps they thought they were going for a jaunt in the mouse version of Center Parcs :D :p

I've heard before it supposedly a myth that mice like cheese :crazy: I have no idea if this is actually true :confused:

Our mouse went for it, but I hear they prefer chocolate.

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Does not your device fall down at the first hurdle in that mice are not actually attracted to cheese?

Mousetrap vs enlightened people of the world`s invention?

Fook the furry disease ridden fookers.

Snap their necks!!!

BTW - I have to ask - was there any significance in you really driving 2 miles to set it `free` (fodder for the next cat) - did you think it was a homing mouse???

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Does not your device fall down at the first hurdle in that mice are not actually attracted to cheese?

Well our Mouse went for the cheese on the very first night I set it!:thumbsup: However, I understand the like chocolate a lot more.

Mousetrap vs enlightened people of the world`s invention?

I had more fun doing it that way and besides my wife was insistant that I did not kill it. .. Strewth, she already had a name for it. . . . .Geronimo!:S

Fook the furry disease ridden fookers.

Snap their necks!!!

BTW - I have to ask - was there any significance in you really driving 2 miles to set it `free` (fodder for the next cat) - did you think it was a homing mouse???

It was living in our garage, so there was no point just putting outside as it would just come back in. So I just drove in a mile or so up the road to an old barn I know.:thumbsup:

. .

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
If Mrs Radish sees that it will be you that had better be wary about cheese!

We had a mouse and I built my own humane trap using a bamboo skewer, a cocktail stick, a tray, a pyrex bowl, some sellotape and a bit of cheese.

I caught myself a mouse on the first night and released him two miles away!

No mouse and a happy wife .. . . .Well sort of . .. . the falling dish did severe the end of his tail off! Hey I tried!:thumbsup:

I was quite proud of my trapping ability mind!;)

I once built a trap - simple - hole in a box - upturned jigsaw blade half way - keep puttin cheese on the ova side - then one day dont put the cheese out n the little **** will saw its own head off lookin for it

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
I think if i had anything like that in my house i would have to opt for the 'Hidden behind the chair with my target rifle' approach opposite a mound of food mice cant resist and see if i could pick off 2 or 3 of the buggers :thumbsup:

I have a very low power rifle too that i use on wasps in the house... but that's down to my fear of the little fukers and the fact i'm fighting for my life at the time :$