Join now

SHIVERINGGOAT

Jun 15, 2006
Farm
www.shiveringgoat.com
Hello Everyone:)

I'm new here:)

Looks like a fun forum!

I am a Hacienda fan, going there lots in the early 90's. Tom Wainwright was my favourite Hacienda DJ as he played tougher than the others which lead me to Danny Tenaglia's music.Wainright warming up at the Hacienda was always a treat and I prefered this to Parks later set (too much vocal for me!) I'm hoping to catch Tom Wainwright when I come to Manchester August Bank Holiday weekend (I live in London)

I was lucky to go to New York and dj at the Leopard Lounge and Karma, also visiting Tenglia's Be Yourself night when Yoko Ono came and sang the PA to his remix of Walking On Thin Ice. And was lucky enough to get invited ton Tenaglias loft in Long Island City to his birthday party in March 2003 where he has the entire old analogue Richard Long designed system that was taken out of Arc/Shelter when they installed a digital Phazon system, sounds amazing!

I loved the Morales Red Zone stuff that was taught to me by my mate Stuart Douglas who was the import buyer at Eastern Bloc in the early 90's and was putting all the darker stuff in Tom Wainwrights box as he would buy from Stuart every week. (you may remember Stuart's remix of Angel Moraes Heaven knows (Galvatron dub) that Sasha played for ages, Stuart did this with Phil Faversham and they both played weekly at The Faversham in Leeds.

The period of house music when Morales and Tenaglia were very prolific around 1990 when for me house got more 'musical' - Satoshi Tomiie and Peter Doau playing keyboards gave this sound so much more dimension, was for me amazing and I have lots of Morales stuff that is very rare and I'm proud off, that Stuart put me onto.

If anyone is in London next weekend and wants to go to the David Mancuso Loft party in Shoreditch PM me and I'll send details.

Goat:)

Here is a picture of me in the Hacienda dancing like a drunken horse to 'Bottom Heavy'.

Attachments

• goathac.jpg
    goathac.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 108

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Top drawer m8y :wave: welcome aboard the love express :love:

Anyways down to business........calling all members of the GOAT club...looks like we have a new recruit ;) (long story) :p

Great intro chuck and yes wainwright was defo one of the better hac dj's phones: :thumbsup:

Not in london till aug bank holiday im afraid......off to SW4 to catch the all dayer :cool:and a bit of james Z, Carl Cox Stanton Warriors etc....ooooo cant wait ;) Cant wait...then where to after that ive no idea....dont get to london often :$

Welcome again mukka :thumbsup: :king:

SHIVERINGGOAT

Jun 15, 2006
Farm
www.shiveringgoat.com
ivan_smackhead said:
shaun, i've got tom wainright 27/7/93 if you want a copy.
pm me.
cheers, the pie crust. :thumbsup:

Hey Pie Crust! NICE! - please send to my work address? - do you still have it?

I got Tom Wainwrights mobile from Scott Bradford so I'm going to ring him and find out if he's on in Manchester over the August Bank Holiday weekend (does anyone know - I believe he plays at Atlas sometimes?), last time I saw him was about 6 months ago wearing a suite in the Kabana indian restaurant near Tibb Street one Friday lunchtime - very corporate! - I remember when he used to walk past the queue with his records to the Hacienda about 8.40pm and people would shout 'Milky Bar Kid'!!!!
I know that Scott & Scooby really respect him they had him on 2 weeks after I went to see Behrouz & Danny Howells there but couldn't make time to go back:(

Best

Attachments

• untitled3jq.png
    untitled3jq.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 88

SHIVERINGGOAT

Jun 15, 2006
Farm
www.shiveringgoat.com
Konspiracy said:
Welcome to the board mate, see youve found your way over from tuneid:thumbsup:

Thankyou again for your help there, much appreciated:)

Here is a classic track that Tom Wainwright used to play that many 'underground' dj's would not have touched at the time because its by Londonbeat! and not Underground Resistance! - but this played towards the end of a set would be typically one of those tracks that left you thinking 'WHAT THE *** IS THIS!' Its a David Morales instrumental but is so ACE phones: - this for me always was the highlight of his sets, tracks like this dropped inbetween 'bigger' vocally records made the night...:) the noises and bassline just sum up that period...does anyone remember this? - there was another great Morales mix of Londonbeat's 'Come Back' (Deep Dub) I love that too!..and 'I've Been Thinking About You' lovely, lovely!

Enjoy!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=94E5930C53E1EFA3

21352.jpg