help needed with a ruffcut vocal sample

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

janty

Jul 27, 2005
the run to me acapaella has a snippet saying "run to me run to me oh now oh now run to me run to me oh now oh now" does anyone remember the track that was out circa1992/93 which had the above sample in it ??

thanks in advance

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
well.

Two other songs that come to mind with that sample in it were

New Direction - Run To Me

DJ Rap & Aston - Come On And Run To Me

but have a feeling both songs were later than 1993!

Silky!!

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
I had some track on red vinyl that was a big piano tune, caned at the Zone and had run to me samples in it. I dare say that will be the one that your after but I'll be fooked if I can mind on who it was by.

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
If its a cotton club one on red vinyl, maybe its ' The Cotton Club Feat. Bowa : Cotton Wool E.P.'. Ive got this, but cant remember if its got the same sample in. Plus my decks no longer exist to confirm it! If no-one confirms or blows my out of the water soon, I'll take it round my mate's to check it out. Were you wanting to get hold of a copy?

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
New Direction were dj rap and aston.... New Direction came out sometime early in 1993.

Silky said:
well.

Two other songs that come to mind with that sample in it were

New Direction - Run To Me

DJ Rap & Aston - Come On And Run To Me

but have a feeling both songs were later than 1993!

Silky!!

janty

Jul 27, 2005
Charlie said:
I had some track on red vinyl that was a big piano tune, caned at the Zone and had run to me samples in it. I dare say that will be the one that your after but I'll be fooked if I can mind on who it was by.

yeah big piano tune

janty

Jul 27, 2005
anthonyf218 said:
If its a cotton club one on red vinyl, maybe its ' The Cotton Club Feat. Bowa : Cotton Wool E.P.'. Ive got this, but cant remember if its got the same sample in. Plus my decks no longer exist to confirm it! If no-one confirms or blows my out of the water soon, I'll take it round my mate's to check it out. Were you wanting to get hold of a copy?

yeah you looking to sell yours ? if so pm me

janty

Jul 27, 2005
just got this on discogs

Cotton Club, The - Cotton Wool E.P.
Label: Not On Label
Catalog#: COTC-001
Format: 12"
Released:
Genre: Electronic
Style: Progressive House
Notes: White label released on clear red vinyl.
Rating: 4.4/5 (5 votes) Rate It
Submitted by: Pounding909s (history)

Tracklisting:
A1 Untitled
A2 Untitled
B1 Untitled
B2 Untitled

a59rhv.jpg

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
its ruffcut ft carol jones run to me on the italian style label it was about 1992 top choon .and theres another copey the second has my ex girlfriend sininging on it for ther cousons band they coved it shes still got the white label ov it the bitch ther was only ever 5 pressed ov it .the ruffcut verison is on zone d j andy pendle d j rikkee and m c irie