Newbie Here!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
Evening all, a user from a board I admin at, wildpitch, gave me the link to this place, im definately an old skool boy, used to do bowlers in manchester a bit in the early 90's (well 94-95) during the jungle/piano hardcore days, but i also used to large it as places like cream, basics & love to be too, anyway, ive got a huge collection of music from back in the day & enjoy listening to & talking about it still.

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
yeah it was my fault i didnt realise you had to activate your acount, just found the email in my inbox, what the attitude to spamming here, dont want to big up our site, james' site or night in the wrong place!

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
There's a nights forum down the list somewhere. As for the BBS aint sure on that one or James for that matter.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
hiya mate welcome to the forum. your night post it in events n meetups buddy theres a guidelines bit in there theres also a useful sites bit bud where ya can post links to websites n that n all the other sections kinda exlpain themselves. as long as ya dont post ya links in every section of the site buddy then thats fine were pretty leniant and will always give u a polite pointer if summets wrong. we dont take the hardline approach n we dont do flamin on here, think of how it used to be in the clubs well thats what its like on here :)

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Gernster said:
nice one, thanks for the warm welcome, ive linked a mix to download in the mp3 mixes section & name checked the site there, hope that ok.

aye mate thats fine only thing is does wma files have the same properties as mp3? ie damn good quality n the ability to be able to burn to cd? if so then fine if not could ya try n get mp3 sorted for us. also we normally only say mixes of ur own but seein as u aint took it from another site and its a mate of urs then thats a o k. good luck with ur site n e ways buddy how longs it been goin n that?

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
well, i became involved with discobiscuit about 18 months ago,

its a music orientated message board site, theres a lot more to the site than mets the eye if you know whet i mean,

My mate james has been djing since the early 90's, we met at college in 93 and been having it large ever since, hes dj'ed round huddersfield since then, taking a break from 98 til this summer when he decided to get back ito it on the classics tip, it will be his third event on the 7th. listening to your latest mix by the way butty nice selection of tunes, but your dropping it with the ruff mix technology mate! ( having said that im a shite dj) :axe:

the wma format is windows media audio, you can rip it to disk using the plugin that goes with nero or in windows media player i think plus theres a winamp plugin too, most software programs cater for it., its encoded at 96 kbps, whic is equivalent in quality to 128 mp3, i have the original 192mp3 master track, taken fom his mini disk, which is on my ftp, but i only have 512 ntl braodband, so i dont fancy giving everyone an account to it!

just let me know how i can be of help to the site, & if you want anyone to vouch for me, ask wildpitch, hell also tell you the full story about discobiscuit (over a pm)

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
lol which one u listenin to mate the new mix one - aye think thats shit meself just the tunes r wild n peeps on here seem to like it so fuk it i posted it. chek out the head rippers 1 one fella (think u may have to change the default thread view doofer to summet more than 30 days to see it) thats a better one but even so i did them mixes about 6 month ago come on a long way since then well i play at maximes each month to 1000+ peeps at a time so i must b doin summet right :D

at the mo buddy were fine for helpage on the site things r goin good but cheers for the offer n holler if the situ arises

Gernster

Nov 8, 2002
Huddersfield
i work in radcliffe in manchester, so i see the fly posting for maximes all the time,

i get a load of zone/maximes & wigan pier cds off a bloke at work, but there all modern high bpm trancy stuff not really my scene,havent picked up an old skool ones yet, you you record your sets?

dont want to cause offence on your mixing, especially on my first visit to your site, i tend to take the piss a lot, but its all good natured at my end. ill keep coming back here & im sure ill settle in nicely here......

laters

Gern.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
lol. nah mate its right i can take critisicm its how ya get better init. just thought id bang it up there coz of the tuneage was quiet crazy and it is listenable albeit not wild and most peeps who dont mix dont know n e wiser and so thats y shes there. n e ways get 1 of ur miixes up boss o i can rip it to peices lol j/j buddy :)

am gonna do another 1 this week and il make ya eat ya hat so to speak or even better ya toe nails (i once new a lad who used to do that eww)

only started doin maximes about 3 month ago buddy but its goin alright think they have the old skool cds for sale stil il find out for ya am off 2 blackpool in a mo wahay gonna nick donkey!!

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
welcome to the board m8

osa events are where the people off the message board meet up(Old Skool Anthems)

Normally at an Old Skool Event like butty's night at courtneys Or Maximes

Although only met a couple of them myself up to now(butty,woody and Ste huxley)

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
Re: Good-Times

Danny_R said:
most peeps on the board tend to go to GT's (Good Times, Morley, nr. Leeds) regularly as well.........although this ain't an OSA event, you'll see & meet a lot of the board regulars + its a belter of a night;)

Alright mate, yep, as above, loads of us go to Goodtimes (After Dark - Morley), the next one is going to be a big one, with loads of us going from here... Get yourself and your old skool loving friends along!. It's a top night!.