Virus Alert

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Jus had this email from work, dunno if any of u lot will b affected but here it is anyways!!!

If you receive a message with the characteristics detailed below, please do NOT attempt to open the attachments. Delete it from your mailbox immediately.

Subject: Re: Details

Body text: Please see the attached file for details.

Possible attachments: your_document.pif, details.pif, your_details.pif, thank_you.pif, movie0045.pif, document_Fall.pif, application.pif, document_9446.pif

These are symptoms of a new virus, Sobig-F, which has been sweeping around the world very rapidly this morning

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
put £100.00 on this being a hoax !!!!

go to be after MSblast.exe there will be loads of these going about and there was a sobig.e virus, lol who ever did this one is doing the virus in alphabetical order lol

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
ive had loads of these in the last 3 months or so

title is your application etc etc, i was tempted to open some of em cos i was applying for jobs at the time as well :S

lol and with no virus checker i would have been screwed

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
if i get an exe file even from a mate i always save it to disk first and then scan the file before opening, better safe than sorry. ive got far too much to lose in the folder

c:\documents and setting\my music

lol

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
cam said:
if i get an exe file even from a mate i always save it to disk first and then scan the file before opening, better safe than sorry. ive got far too much to lose in the folder

c:\documents and setting\my music

lol
init mate. I've got about 2000 tunes just in that folder, and probably another 1000 scattered. I lost over 1000 a bit back cos of a virus, been paranoid as feck since.

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
butty said:
anything that ends in .pif, .exe, .bat etc on attachments dont even go there unless u know the person who has sent it u - ur askin for trubble

easier said than done..some people will open owt..but that's the easy rule...just don't open them unless you've asked for them.

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
para can be the best way to be sometimes as your garenteed not to make the same mistake twice!

Ive go that much crap on my PC that it is virtually impossible to get into 2 desktop firewalls a router with a NAT 2 virus software programs XP firewall enabled Spyware software and regurlalry update windows for patches like the one for msblast!

that patch came out in june 2003 if people updated about once a week the virus explosion that weve just seen wouldnt have happened.

anyway ive never had a virus on my machine but the fkin mrs :S