whos your fav dj and mc????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
Good thread this!...

Normally, I would always say I didn't like MC's as they could spoil a good night and ruin a good mix tape - but the odd ones are exceptions to the rule!.

I've got too many to list but my favourite DJ & MC Combo's that come to mind at the moment are : -

Ratty & Robbie Dee (best example I've heard of DJ & MC Working together).

Luigi & MC DMO (Gallery) - (as Jaxxy said Luigi couldn't mix for toffee, but he played the tunes and it was my local club - full of brill memories so I had to include!. DMO was excellent!).

Worst MC has to be MC Jukki Jee (I can vividly remember he was at a Phobia at the T&C in Leeds 1992, was shouting "no dibby dibby dibby dibby dj can beat me, no dibby dibby dibby dibby dj can touch the Jukki Jee" DMO was up next and blew him away - you shoulda seen the look on his face!).

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
As a combo, my fave is:

DJ Sy & MC Storm.

When they both do their scratching together in sections its absolutely wicked. How storm can make scratching sounds come out of his mouth like he does I'll never know but its top quality stuff to hear them scratch in turn with each other.

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
Well one of the best mises i herd was Stu Allen when he brought Asha tribute into Young MC just at the point where Young MC Goes Busting that was a wicked mix

Best Dj though id say goes to Vertigo and im not keen on MC's better in clubs but hate them on tapes

Bobleeno

Jun 24, 2003
Chills.
Top Dj Jon J with his deck control, but with irie and the Wizard over the top, makes it hard to really hear the mixes.

Nobodys metioned Matt Bell either. Some of his choones did it 4 me.

Technically Andy Weatherall is amazing to watch, dunno how he does it, as he just drops in the mixes but he can sure pull em off.
Shame he got booted out of Ibiza... lol

Sidious

Nov 19, 2002
Bristol
On a mc tip Joe Peng was pretty special at Universe 92 events - i liked his lyrics as a teenager - tho they aint as appealing to me now im very close to my Thirties(gulp, thats scary).

I loved mc's when i was younger - i love those early Eclipse tapes b4 they muted the masters of ceremonies - i like the social commentary u get on early 90's Britain(im bein serious!). Some of Mad P's(Top Buzz) lines r great to listen to now - ie When Swansea bt Aresnal in the FA Cup and he refers to it........iv also got a tape of him saying how bad the future looks for Princess Diana from 92 - Spooky.

Anyway, i aint so keen on em now.

As for fav Dj thats tricky - opting 4 Sasha is toooo predictable & boring......its more a case of who im in2 at the moment.......which happens to be Mike Pickering - the guy was there from dot - playing the right tunes. Next wk it'l be someone else:rotate:

Miss Cola

Feb 21, 2003
Chompin on biccie's.. *beep*;)
Lol, as everyone going on about mc's im listening to last weeks timeless, with jimmy irie and the lyrics hes coming out with are making me chukkle such as..............Come on, Come on, easy with the smoke ya making me god damn choke, easy with , easy with, easy with the smoke ya making me choke!!.......lmao!! :D

Dj Stempy

Jun 18, 2003
BLACKBURN
IS THERE A BEST DJ????!!!!

PICKING DA BEST IS GUNNA BE HARD AS F**K BUT HERE GOES.........
FIRST THE 1'S WHO GOTTA BE WELL UP THERE

BEN TRENGOVE-WIGAN PIER
PETE DALEY-NATIONAL ANTHEMS
CHRIS ANGELS-MONROES 99ISH
DJ SOLAR-MONROES(SUM OF THE BEST OLD SKOOL EVER!)
ABSOLUTE AND TRIPLE 'X'

ERMMMMMMMM.......CANT FINK OF THE BEST YET!!!(ME LOL!!!ONLY JOKING)KEEP YA POSTED!!

MC'S.....
THE ONLY MC WHO REALLY HAS CLUE WHERE AND HOW 2 MC IS THE 1 AND ONLY BLAZE....
DOESENT MC OVER VOCALS,IS CLEAR AND HIS RYMES MAKE SENSE!!
ALSO RHYTHM MC....
AND LEROY FOR THOSE BIG SHOUTS!!!!

TO WHOEVER ASKED.....MONROES TAPES ARE AVAILABLE @ MELODY HOUSE-BLACKPOOL
REIDYS HOME OF MUSIC-BLACKBURN
AND
STOMPIN RECORDS-BLACKBURN:phones:

Last edited:
all the guys on here sayn mcs r shit n jus shout 'big up, how ya doin, wheres the noise' r completly right!!!! theyre dogshit!

but....

mcs like rhythm blazey wizzard who rap, no wen to rap n wot to say r fkn mint in my opinion, well good to listen to!!!

if u dnt like em its a sign that ur too old, get the fuk of the club matey, put yer feet up on ur sat nite n watch home front in the garden!!!! stop complainin coz mcs r here to stay n theres nothin u can do about it

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
Trainor said:

if u dnt like em its a sign that ur too old, get the fuk of the club matey, put yer feet up on ur sat nite n watch home front in the garden!!!! stop complainin coz mcs r here to stay n theres nothin u can do about it

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah all you silly old f**kers lol ;) ;) ;)

This is armando by the way
lets go le, le, le, le, le, le, lets go

P

pianoman

Dunno about the mo, But I love Miker G an Sven! top Hair cuts an I got the acca!!