Votes: 8 34.8%
  • either don't make a diff

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • another make

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
I too admit that bens, just 'flow' with the tunes. Like dan with mine it can sometime be quite annoying as its a bit up then it shoots up and vice versa.

I think mine are in need of a tuning as they all dont equal up with the 'light' and 'platter' guidey thing

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Dj Ben Fisher said:
have had this disscussion till im blue in the face , butmost dont agree . . lol

as ive said before in the past 5 years ive found that the 1200 is a much nicer deck to play on ( seem a lot smoother and sturdier and ya can be heavy handed and they just dont budge ) . . . ive played on both so many times ive lost count now , and i truly belive that there IS a diff . . i do not say one is better than the other before anyone thinks that is what im sayin . . just there is a slight difference . . . :)

ive even took it to the extreme of linkin up one black and one silver on the same mixer and playin on them both ( call me sad ) . lol

every body says they are EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERY DETAIL . . when this is not the case . . . .

a 1200 deck . . . weighs > 12.5 kg

a 1210 deck . . . weighs > 11 kg

maybe this has something to do with it . . . .

you could do a poll all day long and the outcome will always be the 1210 as its the most common used and not many ppl will get to play both sets on a regular basis to come to the conclusion i have . . :)

Av to agree wit ya on this ben....mi bro's got 1210's at home and much prefer to mix on the 1200's...just feel better to play on em???

Got mre control of what ya doin... :D

untoe

Oct 25, 2001
belfast
Dj Ben Fisher said:
have had this disscussion till im blue in the face , butmost dont agree . . lol

as ive said before in the past 5 years ive found that the 1200 is a much nicer deck to play on ( seem a lot smoother and sturdier and ya can be heavy handed and they just dont budge ) . . . ive played on both so many times ive lost count now , and i truly belive that there IS a diff . . i do not say one is better than the other before anyone thinks that is what im sayin . . just there is a slight difference . . . :)

ive even took it to the extreme of linkin up one black and one silver on the same mixer and playin on them both ( call me sad ) . lol

every body says they are EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERY DETAIL . . when this is not the case . . . .

a 1200 deck . . . weighs > 12.5 kg

a 1210 deck . . . weighs > 11 kg

maybe this has something to do with it . . . .

you could do a poll all day long and the outcome will always be the 1210 as its the most common used and not many ppl will get to play both sets on a regular basis to come to the conclusion i have . . :)

The reason for the difference in weight of the older 1200 deck compared to the 1210 was that it used to run using a larger coil and magnets to power and spin the motor , the newer 1210's and 1200 now use the same power supplies .coils and magnets and both decks weigh exactly the same.the more recent motors are now a lot more efficient so dont need to be as big or heavy.

Mark.

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
just cause they in all the clubs doesnt asnwer any question fella . . :) the original question was what do you prefer !!!!! :)

im sure youd find 1200's in more clubs if they were that bit cheaper ( not that i know what they cost nowadays like as i got mine over 5 yrs ago now ) but when i got mine they were a fair bit more to buy than the 1210 . . . . and most clubs will have had em for years , and with em being so dam good , they will last for years & years . . . thats why ya find 95% of clubs with em in IMO

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
1200's for me

they look better, perform better, and more sort after....that is why Technics have re-launched them again. The guy in the shop at Leeds "Sound Control" where we got Jokers decs yesterday said, that the 1200's have far outsold there 1210's mark 5's at the moment....and that more me is proof of the pudding in itself

I bought 1200's back in 1988, and sold them for the same price in 1992. I then got 1210's....biggest mistake i ever made, i have been trying to swap mine for 1200's ever since

so my vote goes for 1200's every time

Now then.....as for from technics beeing the best on the market, im one of there biggest supporters having had them for over 16 years now. But i dont think now that they are the best deck on the market...im looking to trade mine in for the new Numark tt x mk 2's
2002-10-0983-c.jpg

Ok....before the boffins correct me on the picture beeing that of a mk 1 deck....i could not find a mk 2 pic lololol :D

Ive had a play on the mk 1 versions, and they are just amazing....and far supperier to technics on many levels, Pick up speed....pitch controle...blar blar...blar

The local music suppliers shop (how cool is that) near my house are getting the mk 2's in at the end of the month, and has invited me down to have a spin on them....cant wait. If they are as good as they say they are, and as good as the mk 1's which i have played on in the past...then its bye bye to technics for me IMO :thumbsup:

Jaxxy

Last edited:

mero

Nov 19, 2004
1200's are more elite...

From what i remember loads of people made claims that there was major technical differences in favour of 1210's, but this is a load of rubbish (as Technics admitted).

Mero

:mexican: