Wot makes u cringe???

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Phil's thread wot tune makes the hairs stand on end got me thinkin (I know not the best idea!!!). Well that & summat on the box. Wot sound/sayin/tune or owt else makes u cringe???

4 me it's the sound of a dentist's drill goes straight thro' me, I only have 2 b sat in the waitin room & hear it & that's it I'm out of the door faster than whippet on speed!!!

So come tell all!!!!!

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Everytime I'm wiv Tig! :S Can't think why though? Thats probably why he goes missing for 2 mins & 34 seconds, and comes back covered in sweat, sayin' he's just had a vindaloo!

Fiona

Aug 18, 2002
salford
Wot sound/sayin/tune or owt else makes u cringe???

gotta be the sound of anything other than old skool. went into the springbox bar on saturday night after courtneys and as soon as i heard ricky martin - livin la vida loca come on, i felt myself slip - hard!!! :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
just thinking about fingernails scraping down a blackboard makes me shivver!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :naughty:

Oh, and im with fiona on this one - anything not decent house or oldskool (more importantly!)!!. Cheesey pop,rock,country,boyband/girlband etc is just not a viable option in my vacinity......I get to the point of sticking fingers in mi ears going "BlanbLahsBLjhgfNVjhgajkh" :).

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Fiona said:
gotta be the sound of anything other than old skool. went into the springbox bar on saturday night after courtneys and as soon as i heard ricky martin - livin la vida loca come on, i felt myself slip - hard!!! :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

I'm with ya wholeheartdly on this 1!!! Got a nite out in Leeds tomorra where they will prolly play that shite, am wonderin how long it will take me 2 saunter up 2 the DJ & ask 4 sum old skool!!! But the only prob is he'll ask me 2 name sum tunes & I've got a memory like a sieve & can only remember a couple, which r dead rare & he ain't likely 2 have even heard of em let alone play em :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Slitin wrists springs 2 mind!!! Why oh why did I agree 2 go out on a non ole skool nite :( :( :(

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
originaly posted by fiona

gotta be the sound of anything other than old skool. went into the springbox bar on saturday night after courtneys and as soon as i heard ricky martin

Have to agree with you fiona was in there the other night when they started to play PJ and Duncan :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:

me and me m8's drank up and got off quick sharpish
utter shit place won't be going in there again

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Biggie said:
originaly posted by fiona

Have to agree with you fiona was in there the other night when they started to play PJ and Duncan :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:

me and me m8's drank up and got off quick sharpish
utter shit place won't be going in there again

lol i best not drop that old skool remix of lets get ready to rumble next time i see ya at courtneys then mate :axe:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Walk Eeeeeeeeeeee's !!!!!

no_bad_dogs.gif

Enough said:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :mad:

PS VA Are you sure she died of mad cows m8:S :mad: :mad:

Clare Wrexham!

Jan 14, 2002
manchester
I am with Joker on the dentist drill :S
Here are some more....
Pop rivals
People scraping their teeth on woolly jumpers!! :S (don't ask!!)
Nails being filed!! :S
Hand washing wool clothing!! :S

that clogged up fridge where you've jammed that loaf of bread in thinking its magically gonna shrink but when you go to pull it out (speaking metaphorically of course) he noise is so bad that you just leave the whole thing to flood your house then claim to the insurance after taking a hammer to the element that its shagged and to make it worse it was full of corn reared fillet steak ...
lol

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Clare Wrexham! said:
Hand washing wool clothing!! :S

Oh errr 4gotten bout that 1!!

Here's another 1 snakes, was in Blackpool the other w/e & they had em on the street & when I saw I nearly jumped in2 the road 2 get away from em!!!

poppin balloons is another 1, have 2 cover me ears!!!

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Clare Wrexham! said:
People scraping their teeth on woolly jumpers!! :S (don't ask!!)

Funny you should say that Clare, I used to go out with a girl who had the same issue, I used to wind her up by pretending to eat my jumper or by putting wool on bread and pretending to eat uit - Not a nice taste but worth it to get on her head !

For me its the fingernails down the blackboard deffo and people biting into blocks of cheese (eurrrghh, Im gonna Ralph:hurl: )

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
pacman said:
Funny you should say that Clare, I used to go out with a girl who had the same issue, I used to wind her up by pretending to eat my jumper or by putting wool on bread and pretending to eat uit - Not a nice taste but worth it to get on her head !

For me its the fingernails down the blackboard deffo and people biting into blocks of cheese (eurrrghh, Im gonna Ralph:hurl: )

Ahhh now u've explained Claire's prob with jumpers, gotta admit that's another 1 I can't stand either!!! :S :S :S :S