If You could hear someone DJ one last time...who would it be??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Early House/Garage - Park & Pickering (As Mentioned)
Italo Dance - John J & Matt Bell or any of the early 'Neuro' D.J's(Incidently John J is doin a surprise appearance at REPLAY)
Disco - Larry Levan
Dunno if he did a set, but Im sure I saw him on a flyer way back - Euro Techno - Frank De Wulf
Early Hardcore from the 3D Maestro - Carl Cox

There's a few, this is all i can think of right now :)

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Konspiracy said:
lol DJ Sasha last seen being kidnapped by several clapped out old ravers intent on IDing a long lost Shelleys tune, witnesses say his last words were "I dunno it...honest...havent played that stuff in years...aaaaaa" :)

Too True - Sasha hasn't a clue what he played back then :(

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Vertigo, Sasha goes without saying, but we got Vertigo back on the scene, not to sure about getting Sasha to do a 90/91 set tho lol

What about Kenny Grogan, he was an excellent DJ

and Roy Silver as well, excellent, seen him a few times, the same guy who did all the top piano eps, back int day

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Konspiracy said:
How much is it fella?? Cant say Ive heard Zabiela, hes the one with the Elvis haircut isnt he

aye, he's superb and may well go on to be the world's best prog house dj imo .... ive got a few quality sets now of the guy (courtest of the man like johns_ar ;) ), so if yer want one throwin over give me a shout :thumbsup: and every set ive seen him live he has finished with a five minute long round of applause .... what he can do with the technology is awesome. he dropped the lord of the rings theme music @ sankeys before building it up with his own beats and juggling them, quality it was phones:

as for the price .... i dunno for sure yet, just seen a thread of the event on the tribal messageboard .... the site is : www.renaissanceuk.com ... but for some strange reason i cant see anything when it loads up :S if you are able to, i wouldnt mind seeing a screen shot of the flyer/event details etc :thumbsup:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Sorry about hijacking yer thread abit Vision :$

Here ya go Danny, 30 quid apparantly :) doesnt mention owt about a classics set tho

"Renaissance are delighted to announce the first in a series of new, annual parties to mark the start of the summer events season - 'Wild in the Country' a limited capacity, festival style event over 3 arenas, will be held at Shugborough Hall, Staffordshire's finest stately home, on the 1st May.

We can exclusively reveal that Sasha will be headlining the event, making a historic return to Renaissance in the UK for the first time in 10 years.

Doors are 7pm - 6am. Tickets priced at £30 until 1st March from 'wayahead'. Further details and full line-up will also be announced via this site very soon"

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
yeah defo doesnt say anything about a classics set danny m8, think it will be people getting over excited, lol u know what message boards are like ;).....you need to be flashed up to the nines for that renaissance site like!

Mind you though im sure if he is playing there for the first time in 10 year he will drop a few.....

BTW the latest Renaissance Comp by Cattaneo is really really good :thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
johns_ar said:
you need to be flashed up to the nines for that renaissance site like!

QUOTE]

yeah i know, first time i tried to access it it said i needed internet exploer 6 or sumet so i downloaded it .... but i still cant see the thing :confused: any suggestions :confused:

ps. again, sorry for hijackin yer thread vision :S

E

easty

How about jay weardon? A very under rated dj. In my opinion he's up there with Nipper

marchwiel

May 23, 2003
Newcastle
OldskoolDazed (al) said:
the legend that is dj ste williams + good shout with jay weardon

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I deliberately stayed out of this thread because I always say Ste Williams and Jay Weardon and I thought I might be getting a bit predictable :$ , but I have to agree with you Al. :thumbsup: If it was an all-nighter full of DJs I would be seeing one last time then I'd have the Jam MCs, Mix Factory and Spinmasters on the bill too. :gigolo:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
on a piano tip mike stewart :p on a harder tip the man like carl cox wi 3 decks playin an oldskool hardcore set (or topbuzz) :p .... oooh lovely ........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: