If You could hear someone DJ one last time...who would it be??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Shoomster said:
hee hee - it could well be :D we could also surround him in the booth & plague him until he ID's that Shelleys Nov 90 tune

No need for that....just get Al to ask him...cos he knows Sasha dead well!!!
:p

LOL! only kiddin Al!

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
easty said:
How about jay weardon? A very under rated dj. In my opinion he's up there with Nipper

Aye he was the bollox at Hippo's with Moggy.

Here's a link to a new mix he did for All FM in Manc an an interview with him after the mix.

Jay W.

If I could see any DJ play again now it would be either Nipper (which hopefully I will do soon at GT's) or Pig C (who used to kick it at Konspiricy an other gaffs in early 90's).

RabbitCity

Feb 7, 2004
WARRINGTON
Biskit said:
Aye Pig C, he used to DJ at the Neuro Events, where have they all gone :confused: The only one left doin the business is Welly :)

Yes pig c is good he used to knock around wit my mates brother.He used to dj @ the world(warrington) sat night/back room wit rob smooth :thumbsup:

i think if it was one last time as in..im dying..it would have to be really hard... id want to go with lots of bangs in a real fast party going on..so im sorry, but it would have to be ANNE SAVAGE playing some dirrty hard house...i know i shouldnt be mentioning it on here..but we all have a last wish dont we??

so if i go...please tell my mammy.....

plus anne savage is gorgeous!!!! :$
ANNE%20SAVAGE%2003%20RGB.jpg

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Too many to choose from for me but it would have to be a between a set from
Fabio Paras+Darren Emerson (4 dex back to back like they did at the ministry)
Billy Nasty (Drum club set)
Richie Hawtin (Any set)
Phill Perry (Full Circle)
Laurent Garnier (9hour set Gardening Club)
Andy Weatherall
Trevor Fung + Colin Favor 88/89
...and i could go on lol

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
This kind of question always baffles me, as to be honest when i used to go out, the DJ was hardly mentioned as such (in my circles anyway). I can honestly say that i never even gave the poor DJ a thought until around 92.

And i have to say, if i had to pick one now- i would say Jonno's naked skinny white ass teamed with grandad slippers (and not much else other then that demented grin that appears when opening a new record) on saturday morning (in a touch of ad -hoc celebratory 'hooray the postie postie has been' mixing) was quite a memorable one.

:)

b00ty

Jul 13, 2004
allscool.co.uk
erm, that **** with the glasses, cos hopefully it would be 'the 1 more time he dj's' then he dies, thats it, judge jules! dieplz and all the rest of the idiots on bbc radio, etc.

but seriously, probably frankie bones (circa '89) or top buzz (the original and best crew) or even of course sasha @ shelleys. :gigolo:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
GRIMMY said:
I'd have to say Mr. C from The Shamen. His early house sets (88-92) are fookin awesome and his mixing is refreshingly original.

Was lucky enough to see him every week at my local club during that period and agree he was outstanding.Got loadsa good memories of him and Dj Ju at the Braintree barn especially. :thumbsup:

RabbitCity

Feb 7, 2004
WARRINGTON
Vision said:
Mine Personally would be a Park & Pickering b2b set...Now, That would be Amazin!

Ben Fishers done well getting Nipper back too, but if you could hear someone one last time, who would it be??

Gotta be Mike Stewart:thumbsup: Aka Back in time, :thumbsup: Sarasota, :thumbsup: The crowdpleasers,:thumbsup: